Prohibited / Restricted Items
There are certain goods which cannot be imported, exported, transit or require permission from the competent authority. Restrictions and prohibitions on goods are determined in accordance with the GCC Customs Tariff Codes. Items that fall into a special category require a permit when filing a Customs Declaration online.
The list of prohibited items that enter the UAE territory, namely:
- Any narcotic substance (hashish, cocaine, heroin, hallucination pills, etc.).
- Goods intended to be imported from boycotted countries.
- Goods from the state of Israel or that bear the Israeli trademark or logo.
- Elephant ivory and rhino horn.
- Gambling tools and machines.
- Three-layer net fishing gear.
- Original carvings, prints, lithographs, sculptures and figurines in any material.
- Used, reconditioned and ornamental tires.
- Radiation-contaminated substances.
- Printed publications, oil paintings, photographs, pictures, cards, books, magazines, stone carvings and mannequins, which are contrary to Islamic teachings or wisdom.
- Other goods, the import of which is prohibited under the customs or other laws of the UAE.
- Counterfeit and duplicate currency.
- Cooked and homemade food.
Permitting Authority for Limited Items
|Ministry of Climate Change and Environment||Live Animals and products of animal origin|
|Ministry of Interior||Explosives, Weapons, Ammunition and parts / accessories thereof.|
|Dubai Municipality||Vegetable Products, Fast Food, Chemical Products|
|Dubai Police||Alcoholic beverages|
|Ministry of Economy||Industrial Raw Materials|
|Ministry of Health||Pharmaceutical products and medical / surgical instruments and equipment|
|Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology||Tires and Drinking Water|
|National Media Council||Printed Books, Newspapers and similar products, Artworks, Antiques|
|Dubai Multi Commodities Center Authority (DMCC)||Pearls, diamonds and rough diamonds|
|Telecommunications Regulatory Authority||Telecommunication Equipment|
|Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR)||Nuclear reactors and radio transmitters|
|United Arab Emirates Coast Guard Group||Boat, cruise|